Get the latest updates from us for free

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Jurassic Era

Let me share something I wrote more than a year ago. The time when I was still in the bandwagon.
 And yes, my Twitter friends, I also had been addicted to Facebook once upon a time. Gah!


Today marks the start of my hiatus from Facebook. I somehow feel a little bit isolated. Even if I still have my phone. I guess that’s what you get for being so addicted to this social networking site. Because let’s be honest, Facebook ( or FB, as it is more known) has become our key in feeling good about ourselves, whether we admit it or not. FB brings out the narcissist in you. It also brings you closer (as close as you can get in FB, that is) to your long-lost friends. I, for one, had been able communicate with my friends whom I haven’t seen or talked to in 15 years! Imagine?
Facebook homepage
But of course there is still a downside to this. You can get addicted to it. Instead of going out with your peers, you hang out in FB. Instead of flashing smiles, you flash Smileys. Instead of having real conversations, we comment. Instead of complimenting personally, we like. Instead of chatting up a buddy, we poke. But hey, who am I to talk? I’m one of those. I belong to the “we”.
But of course, these are just the sentiments of a bitchy, FB whore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment